The Nintendo GameCube was definitely a popular choice for fans, and this is because GameCube was loaded with hundreds of unique game titles such as The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Super Mario Sunshine, Resident Evil 4, The Prince of Persia; Sands of time, F-Zero GX and a number of other. However, almost two decades later, it’s gotten harder to play these games because of the newer generation of consoles that don’t support older versions. With technological improvements there is still a way to use emulators to play GameCube games on Android devices and also on your computer. This article will show you how I can help you accomplish this.
There are many emulators compatible with PCs. But, there’s only one emulator that will run on android to enable players to play these games. The emulator is known as Dolphin Emulator and has been available for Windows, Linux, Mac and Mac computers for quite a while time.Join Us gamecube rom website However, Android users had great news in 2013 with the introduction of Dolphin Emulator Android. This move made the dolphin emulator the top choice for gamers who wish to play the classic GameCube titles via their handheld devices.
Even though the Dolphin Emulator Android is currently in beta, it’s available for download on the Google Play Store. You must ensure that these applications are legal to download to your Android mobile device. If you’d like to play these games on your Android phone, you’ll have to either manually download ISO files from GameCube or download GameCube ISOs. While the dolphin emulator is the most popular Android emulator, there are some issues. Users complain about the compatibility issues with particular Android devices and limitations to the games they are able to play. However, it is worth a try when you are able to ignore these problems. Here are the steps that you need to follow to play GameCube on Android.
Step 1. Download the Dolphin Emulator Android App From Google Play Store
- Make use of the Google Play Store on your Android smartphone
- Navigate to the search box and type “dolphin emulator” into the search box. Click on the link to download.
- After the Dolphin Emulator app has been installed launch the app and grant access to the storage on your device by clicking on the “allow” button in the pop-up menu.
Step 2 Step 2: Download and extract the GameCube Game ISO File
Each Nintendo GameCube GameCube game available is available in a compressed processing format called the ISO. Because the Android Operating System runs on APK files which makes it not compatible with the ISO file format . This is the reason you require your emulator to act as a mediator between the two file formats so they can be played without issue.
Sometimes, the file downloaded may not be available in ISO format. They may however come compressed in a RAR, 7z, or other formats. First, extract the file in order to make use of the GameCube emulator Android. To extract files, you’ll require an application. I suggest 7Zipper. It is also available for download for free on Google Play Store.
- Once you’ve downloaded GameCube itos
- Then, you’ll need to also download and install the 7Zipper app on the Google Play Store;
- Begin by installing using the 7Zipper application to give access to the storage of your device.
- From the app’s interface, navigate to the folder in which the compressed GameCube game ISO file has been stored;
- Scroll down to the folder and click to open the 7Zipper compressed file.
- To begin the removal process, press the OK button. This process may take a while.
- You can now launch the ISO file of the game. It is now possible to add the game to Dolphin Emulator to start playing on your Android device.
Step 3. Launch the Game
After you’ve successfully extracted the GameCube ISO files and are ready to use them, you’ll need to install the file into the Dolphin Emulator program. After the game is integrated into the emulator,, it will let you launch the game as well as manage your saved files and configure control settings from inside the emulator.
- Launch the Dolphin Emulator app on your Android device;
- Tap the “+” symbol at the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Go to the folder that contains the GameCube ISOfile that is accessible from the screen.
- Then tap on the “Select This Directory” button that is located at the end of the screen, and return to the main screen;
- You’ll now be able to see the Nintendo GameCube title that was recently added to the Dolphin Emulator.
- To launch the game click on the icon, then wait.
- You will have a view of the gamepad virtual when it is displayed on the screen. To play the game using actual buttons, you can connect to an Bluetooth Controller.
Thank you for trying GameCube games with your Android device. Do share your experience and leave a comment. Thanks!